Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

An Excuse to Get Naked or Making a Statement?

[I can't wait til my hair gets this long.]

So Erykah Badu's New Video for "Window Seat" came out recently!
The song is pretty dope. It's about wanting to move away from your current situation for peace of mind, but hoping your presence is missed once your gone.
I'm a bit confused as to how this relates to the video concept but anyway
people seem to be pretty excited about her perpetual nudity, yadayadayada.
This does not excite me. The concept isn't remotely original and frankly, It got old after J.Lo's "Love Don't Cost A Thing" video.
Erykah, we know your secretly an exhibitionist who will jump to show her lady lumps. You don't got me fooled!

After being bored for about 5 minutes, the quote at the end is what struck me.
"They who play it safe are quick to assassinate what they do not understand. They move in packs ingesting more and more fear with every act of hate on one another. They feel most comfortable in groups, less guilt to swallow. They are us. This is what we have become--afraid to respect the individual. A single person within our circumstance can move one to change, to love herself, to evolve."

Judge the video for yourself and let me know what you think!

No comments: